ME 469: Introduction to Robotics
This course considers robotic kinematics, including descriptions
and rigid transformations, manipulator kinematics, inverse manipulator
kinematics, Jacobians and singularities, trajectory generation, and introductory
surveys of robotic vision, mobile robot motion planning and artificial
Time and place: MWF 3:00-3:50, 117 DeBartolo.
- View your grades.
- Syllabus updated August 30, 1998.
- Reserve the lab for your project. Remember: you can only reserve the lab for up to 3 hours per day.
- Project group assignments.
- Preliminary Project Descriptions:
- Numerical root-finding sample code.
- Example Mathematica session
(postscript) from class on September 28, 1998 (computing the
Jacobian for the SCARA robot).
- Example Mathematica code (postscript or Mathematica notebook file) for the animation of the planar two-link robot near a singularity.
- Mathematica examples from October 5, 1998:
- Mathematica example from October 7, 1998, illustrating use of the Mathematica Eigensystem command.
- Mathematica example from
October 12, 1998, illustrating the use of the null
space projection algorithm.
- Errata: (Postscript PDF).
Robot Web Sites:
- Homework 1 Due September 9, 1998. Solutions (3 pages, postscript, PDF).
- Homework 2 Due September 18, 1998. Solutions (10 pages, postscript, PDF). Updated: Tue Oct 13 08:32:08 EST 1998.
- Homework 3 Due September 30, 1998. Solutions (6 pages, postscript, PDF). View the solutions on a computer, rather than printing them to see the frame placements in color.
- Homework 4 Due October 9, 1998. Solutions (6 pages, postscript, PDF). View the solutions on a computer, rather than printing them to see the frame placements in color.
- Homework 5 Due November 4, 1998. Solutions.
- Homework 6 Due November 20, 1998.
- Homework 7 Due December 2, 1998.
Last updated: October 28, 1998.