Homework 11, due April 30, 5:00pm in the AME office

Due Wednesday, April 30, 5:00pm in my mailbox in the AME office.
goodwine
Site Admin

Homework 11, due April 30, 5:00pm in the AME office

Post by goodwine »

From the course text:
  1. 9.19
  2. 9.21
  3. 9.22
  4. 9.23
  5. 9.24
Bill Goodwine, 376 Fitzpatrick
goodwine
Site Admin

last problem

Post by goodwine »

Someone asked me
having some issue with the last problem of homework 11. i can't really seem to find any differences in the questions 3 and 4 of 9.24. the only thing i can think of is to increase zeta to make the band pass region larger, and decrease zeta to make the band pass smaller (and hence sharper transitions, or am i reading it wrong?). the band pass region refers to the flat portion at the top with a larger magnitude than the rest of bode, right? and does the sharper transitions mean sharper when it transitions to the flat point in the magnitude, or is that referring to the angle portion of the bode plot?
When it says narrower or wider, it means to change the range of frequencies that pass through the filter, either making it smaller or larger, respectively.

When it says to make it steeper, it means to make the slope of the curve up and down the band pass region larger.

If you think of a band pass filter as a component of a radio tuner it may hep conceptualize what the question is asking.
rlavorgn

wrong constants?

Post by rlavorgn »

I'm not sure if there is some sort of conversion between Rlp and Rhp but it seems like in problem 9.22 in the book you mean Rlp and Clp but have written Rhp and Chp. Is this the case?
goodwine
Site Admin

Re: wrong constants?

Post by goodwine »

rlavorgn wrote:I'm not sure if there is some sort of conversion between Rlp and Rhp but it seems like in problem 9.22 in the book you mean Rlp and Clp but have written Rhp and Chp. Is this the case?
Yes, that's a typo: it should be HP for high pass and LP for low pass. I'm pretty sure the values are o.k.
alombar1

Post by alombar1 »

when should we expect solutions to be up for HWs 9-11?
goodwine
Site Admin

Post by goodwine »

alombar1 wrote:when should we expect solutions to be up for HWs 9-11?
Probably tomorrow.

Return to “AME 30315, Homework 11”