Homework 7, due November 6, 2008.

Due Thursday, November 6, 2008.
goodwine
Site Admin

Homework 7, due November 6, 2008.

Post by goodwine »

Collaborative Problem: Write a computer program that does the forward phase of Gauss-Jordan elimination for a system of 4 equations and 4 unknowns. Test it on the example problem from class. It may be useful to print the matrix at each step for debugging purposes. It is allowable to use the fact that the system has 4 equations; however, next week's program will be for a system of n equations and n unknowns, so the more general you can formulate it, the easier next week's homework will be.

Individual Problem: Extend the program to do the backward phase and find the answer.
Bill Goodwine, 376 Fitzpatrick
mmcdonn3

Re: Homework 7, due November 6, 2008.

Post by mmcdonn3 »

Michael McDonnell
Fortran Homework 7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mbohnert

Post by mbohnert »

Do you want the output as an x vector,an augmented matrix, or as x1 = b1 etc?
goodwine
Site Admin

Post by goodwine »

mbohnert wrote:Do you want the output as an x vector,an augmented matrix, or as x1 = b1 etc?
Any form is o.k. Since you asked, a vector would be best since that is what the answer actually is.
eguilbea

Post by eguilbea »

I have a lot of the numerical locations of array elements hard-coded into my program (for example: A(2,J), rather than A(N,J)). I also have a separate do loop to find each 1 or 0 element in the reduction. I remember you told me that next week, we'd have to apply the problem to more general situations, but is what I did acceptable for this week's assignment?
Thanks!
Eddie
goodwine
Site Admin

Post by goodwine »

eguilbea wrote:I have a lot of the numerical locations of array elements hard-coded into my program (for example: A(2,J), rather than A(N,J)). I also have a separate do loop to find each 1 or 0 element in the reduction. I remember you told me that next week, we'd have to apply the problem to more general situations, but is what I did acceptable for this week's assignment?
Thanks!
Eddie
What you did is perfectly acceptable for this week.
msobole1

Post by msobole1 »

HW7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “AME 20214, Homework 7”