Last Homework

Due 5:00pm the last day of classes. No extensions into the study period for finals.
goodwine
Site Admin

Last Homework

Post by goodwine »

1. Consider
    Assume that in order to have the desired steady state error, it must be that k=9. Using a Bode plot, design a lead compensator so that the phase margin is at least 25 degrees.
  2. Consider
    Assume that in order to have the desired steady state error, it must be that k=1. Using a Bode plot, design a lead compensator so that the phase margin is at approximately 45 degrees.
Bill Goodwine, 376 Fitzpatrick
msobole1

Re: Last Homework

Post by msobole1 »

Do we really need to do anything with the Bode plots here? In the examples that we did on Friday, we just used a bunch of steps in order to find the compensator using calculations.
goodwine
Site Admin

Post by goodwine »

msobole1 wrote:Do we really need to do anything with the Bode plots here? In the examples that we did on Friday, we just used a bunch of steps in order to find the compensator using calculations.
I want you to compute the two parameters that were used in class to do the design and then plot it. You should use matlab to verify it.
wstaruk

Post by wstaruk »

In lecture on Friday we were given a series of 6 steps to solve these kinds of problems, but I was not able to copy them down (the graduate student's handwriting was very small). Are they somewhere in the book, and if not, could you post them?
goodwine
Site Admin

Post by goodwine »

wstaruk wrote:In lecture on Friday we were given a series of 6 steps to solve these kinds of problems, but I was not able to copy them down (the graduate student's handwriting was very small). Are they somewhere in the book, and if not, could you post them?
You'll have to get them from another student. I don't have the exact steps myself.

Return to “AME 30315, Last Homework”