Exam 2

Due 5:00pm, Friday, December 4, 2015 in my office.
goodwine
Site Admin

Exam 2

Post by goodwine »

Work through all the problems on exam 2. You must start with a clean sheet of paper and use no books, tables or computational aids. What you submit must be done completely by yourself without any consultation with another student. However, you may consult others prior to starting your work. When you complete the exam, bring it to my office and I will go over it with you along with your submitted exam.

Your recorded exam 2 grade will be changed to

Code: Select all

grade = 3/4 (original grade) + 1/4 (retake grade).

Another way to think of this is that the number of points you lost originally will be reduced by a quarter.

You must submit this in person in my office prior to the due date, December 4. You may ask questions to me about the problems as well before you take it. There is no time limit on the work you do on this.
Bill Goodwine, 376 Fitzpatrick
colsen3

Re: Exam 2

Post by colsen3 »

Is it okay to look at a graph in the book for problem 1? I don't know how else to do it?
goodwine
Site Admin

Re: Exam 2

Post by goodwine »

colsen3 wrote:Is it okay to look at a graph in the book for problem 1? I don't know how else to do it?
Solve the problem using undetermined coefficients. The coefficient is basically what the plot is. You should be able to interpret the coefficient without the plot, but knowing what the plot looks like a priori certainly makes it easier and is allowed.
Bill Goodwine, 376 Fitzpatrick

Return to “AME 30314, Exam 2, part deux”