Homework 11, due December 6, 2006.

Due Wednesday, December 6, 2006.
goodwine
Site Admin

Homework 11, due December 6, 2006.

Post by goodwine »

Unless otherwise indicated, all problems are from the course text.
  1. Complete the pendulum experiment. Determine the damped natural frequency, the damping ratio and the natural frequency. Plot the response of the second order system with the paratmeters you determined and compare it to the experimental data (you may need to use some trial and error to establish similar initial conditions). Explain any differences.
  2. 10.1 number 1
  3. 10.2 numbers 14 and 15
  4. 10.5, numbers 1, 3, 5 (these first three are short), 8 and 14.
  5. 10.6 number 9
  6. 10.7 number 23, part (a) only, and
  7. 10.8 number 2.
Bill Goodwine, 376 Fitzpatrick
nfraser

Pendulum Experiment

Post by nfraser »

I am in the Fitzpatrick Lab and am unable to get the pendulum experiment to work. Every computer I have tried says that an additional plugin is required. I tried installing the plugin and that did not work. Any advice?
goodwine
Site Admin

Re: Pendulum Experiment

Post by goodwine »

nfraser wrote:I am in the Fitzpatrick Lab and am unable to get the pendulum experiment to work. Every computer I have tried says that an additional plugin is required. I tried installing the plugin and that did not work. Any advice?
I'm sorry about that. The guy that set it up won't be in until Monday, so I'll talk to him then about it. It is supposed to be able to work on all the Windows machines in the lab.
Kalbante

Problem #1

Post by Kalbante »

I can run the pendulum experiment but when I follow the direction and copy data all that gets copied is the picture of the graph. Is there a way to get the data that produced the graph?
goodwine
Site Admin

Re: Problem #1

Post by goodwine »

Kalbante wrote:I can run the pendulum experiment but when I follow the direction and copy data all that gets copied is the picture of the graph. Is there a way to get the data that produced the graph?
I think all you can get is the graph. That is all you really need, though. If you really want the data, let me know and I can probably get it from the guy that set up the experiment.

Return to “AME 30314 Homework 11”