4. AP5.3
  5. AP5.4
  6. DP5.4
  7. MP5.6
Bill Goodwine, 376 Fitzpatrick
bmertz

Problem 1

Post by bmertz »

When problem 1 (P5.6) askes for the steady state error for this path, what does it mean by "steady state"? Is it asking for the value of the error at t=40, or the steady state error for each of the ramps, or something else? I just wasn't sure what it is wanting. Thanks.
goodwine
Site Admin

Re: Problem 1

Post by goodwine »

bmertz wrote:When problem 1 (P5.6) askes for the steady state error for this path, what does it mean by "steady state"? Is it asking for the value of the error at t=40, or the steady state error for each of the ramps, or something else? I just wasn't sure what it is wanting. Thanks.
I think just determining the steady state error to a ramp input will suffice. Since the input is periodic, there really isn't a steady state error.
Bill Goodwine, 376 Fitzpatrick
Benson Mitchell

Post by Benson Mitchell »

Steady-state behavior can be obtained for any periodic function, so we could do that by taking a F.S. of the input to get an F.S. of the error. That wouldn't be a single number, but you'd get a picture of the error that shows up at each reversal in the triangle wave.
(BTW, A sawtooth wave has a slope on one side and a discontinuity at the top, like:

Code: Select all

////////////
EEs would call this wave form a triangle wave:

Code: Select all

/\/\/\/\/\/\
I would like to see Drs. Dorf and Bishop try sawing something with teeth like that!)

Return to “AME 60652, Homework 4”