AME 40590 Course Syllabus, Spring 2011
From Bill Goodwine's WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This is in preparation and is not final until this message is removed.
- Bill Goodwine
- 365B Fitzpatrick
- Office hours: Monday and Wednesday, 4:30-5:30
Time and Place
- MWF 11:45-12:35
- 101 DBRT
Course Web Page
- Your grade in this course will be based on homework exercises, in-class participation and three exams with the following distribution:
- Homework: 25%
- Class Participation: 25%
- Exam 1: 12.5%
- Exam 2: 12.5%
- Final Exam: 25%
- The format of the exams is to be determined. They may be traditional in-class exams, take home exams, more of the nature of projects or a mixture of all three.
- Guaranteed grades:
- (overall grade > mean + 1.5 stdev) OR (overall grade > 90%): A-
- (overall grade > mean + 0.5 stdev) OR (overall grade > 80%): B-
- (overall grade > mean - 1.0 stdev) OR (overall grade > 70%): C-
- (overall grade > mean - 2.0 stdev) OR (overall grade > 60%): D-
Homework, Class, Projects and Examination Policies
- Any student missing an exam without an excuse from the Office of Student Affairs will receive a grade of zero for that exam.
- There will be daily reading and homework assignments.
- Late assignments will receive a grade of zero unless the student received an extension from the instructor 'prior' to the time it is due.
- Assignments are due at the 'beginning' of class on the day they are due.
- Assignments that are not