CDIO Regional Meeting
North America Region CDIO Meeting
Time and Location
Wednesday and Thursday, November 14 and 15, 2012, at the University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556 USA.
The meetings will take place in Room 109 of the Stinson-Remick Hall of Engineering.
- Morning: CDIO Workshop
- Early Afternoon: ABET and CEAB Presentation and Discussions
- Late Afternoon: Notre Dame Presentations and Tours
- Morning: CDIO Presentation to College Council?
- Afternoon: CDIO Business meetings and presentations by applying schools
Travel to Notre Dame
- The South Bend Regional Airport (SBN) is about 15 minutes from campus via taxi or rental car, and it is served by several airlines, Delta and United, in particular.
- Chicago Midway is about a 90 minute drive from Notre Dame and Chicago O'Hare is approximately a two hour drive. Travel time from Chicago depends heavily on traffic conditions in Chicago and the times given do not include significant delays in Chicago. There is also commuter rail service from downtown Chicago to the South Bend Airport via the South Shore train line. (Neither Chicago airport is downtown).
- Note: if you drive from Chicago, Notre Dame is in the Eastern time zone and Chicago is in the central time zone.*
- More information is available from the University Air and Ground Transportation to Notre Dame web page.
The three closest hotels are:
- The Fairfield Inn & Suites which is about a 15 minute walk to the meeting location. Contact: Fairfield Inn & Suite South Bend at Notre Dame, 574-234-5510, 1220 East Angela Blvd., South Bend, IN.
- The Inn at St. Mary's which is about a 25 minute walk to the meeting location. Also there is a bus shuttle between the St. Mary's and Notre Dame campuses. Contact: The Inn at St. Mary's, 574-232-4000, 53993 U.S. Route 31, South Bend, IN.
- The Ivy Court Inn & Suites which is about a 20 minute walk to the meeting location. Contact: Ivy Court Inn & Suites, 574-277-6500, 1404 Ivy Rd., South Bend, IN.
- Here is a map from google maps showing these three hotel locations and the meeting location. You have to click on the icons to see the information.
More information and a longer list of hotels is available from the University Off Campus Accommodations Page.