EB: Patent Prosecution Process: Notes Wednesday, April 6th
2. Examination by PTO
3. Office Action
4. Response to Office Action
5. Subsequent Office Action
6. Final Rejection or Allowance
What is the application?
- CFR (Code of Federal Regulation); promulgated by PTO, Dept. of Commerce
- Title 37 CFR - Patents, Trademarks and Copyrights
- 37 CFR 1.51: An application needs:
- Specification including claims (35 USC 112)
- Drawings (35 USC 113)
- Oath = you are the first inventor, to the best of your knowledge, and you are not committing fraud
Section 112: Describe the invention, and the manner/process of using it; there must be enough detail so that a person of ordinary skill could understand the invention; Must provide the alternative methods of using your patent
Section 113: Gives details of where to put text/number lables etc.